As the trade association dedicated to promoting the preservation and advancement of Ohio’s non-alcoholic beverage industry, the Ohio Soft Drink Association is the voice for bottling firms, manufacturers and beverage companies across Ohio. OSDA’s work creates a unified body within the beverage industry to support legislative and regulatory issues affecting the industry, while supplying the public and policymakers with timely and accurate information.
Ohio’s beverage industry is a growing business that employs thousands of workers throughout the state, invests in communities and contributes more than one billion dollars annually in state and federal taxes. Our members offer consumers a myriad of brands, flavors and packaging choices and a full range of drink options: soft drinks, diet soft drinks, ready-to-drink teas, bottled waters, water beverages, 100 percent juice, juice drinks, sports drinks and energy drinks.
Collectively, our members have taken action and embraced innovation. Our efforts have cut calories in beverages and promoted the importance of a balanced diet and exercise in schools. We have made environmental stewardship a priority in industry operations, while searching for more ways to become even more environmentally conscious. We strive to communicate more effectively about our products and how they fit into a balanced lifestyle.
Please explore our site and learn more about Ohio’s beverage industry.
Recent Blog Posts
- Leadership on Driver Shortages (7/12/2017) - Recently I had a chance to testify in support of legislation that would help with commercial truck driver shortages. HB 154, proposed by Representatives Ryan Smith and Nathan Manning, would set aside $5 million to provide grants and loans for students to attend truck driving school. For an industry like mine, this is welcome news ... MORE
- Legislative Day 2017 (4/25/2017) - Our most visible event is the annual OSDA Advocacy Day. This year, over 100 beverage industry ambassadors briefed legislators on pertinent industry facts and issues. Although scheduling appointments with individual legislative offices is staff intensive, we believe it maximizes member time in Columbus. These conversations are important, visible first steps in establishing and maintaining relationships ... MORE
- Every Day is Earth Day (4/21/2017) - Every day is earth day for the non-alcoholic beverage industry. Leading the way on sustainable solutions has long been at the core of our business. We take environmental stewardship seriously because it helps two bottom lines: the Earth’s, and our own. As we mark Earth Day 2017 on Saturday, let’s take a look at the ... MORE
- Beverage Taxes As Job Killers: Philly Pain Continues (2/28/2017) - As my colleagues around the country grapple with beverage tax threats, I think a little perspective and a large dose of reality is in order. Some government bureaucrats tout “soda taxes” as a quick way to make people healthier while fattening government coffers. When you really look at these claims, their arguments fall apart, consumers ... MORE
- Finding Balance (1/27/2017) - This post is not about setting resolutions or losing those stubborn last 10 lbs. on the latest “foolproof” diet plan. Nor is it another restatement of the obvious: obesity is a serious problem in this country. And in a complete departure from sensationalized news stories on obesity, I will not single out a product, industry ... MORE
Learn how Ohio’s beverage companies are delivering more choices, smaller portions, fewer calories and clearer labels. Click here.
Want Things Cleared Up?
Visit Let’s Clear It Up, a new website created by America’s beverage companies, to clear things up about the products we make. Read, learn and share the clarity!